Pumping Station Servicing
For servicing, emergency call-outs & repairs please call 01842 819130
Benefits of servicing
Pumping stations should be serviced regularly to ensure that all pumps, pipework, valves and control equipment are kept in full working order.
On a domestic pumping station a minimum of an annual service is recommended, on higher usage pumping stations a more frequent service arrangement may be advisable, please call us for details of our servicing, including all inclusive plans.
Automated Environmental Systems provide preventative servicing, emergency response breakdown and repairs for sewage pumping stations, storm water pumping stations and effluent pumping stations.
- Regular servicing extends the operational life of pumping stations
- Equipment is maintained to manufacturer’s guidelines
- Full service report and certificate after each visit
- Advice on how to look after your pumping station
- Most spare parts carried on engineer’s vehicle
We offer full on-site servicing and repairs on all types of pumping stations and pumping equipment throughout the UK.
All our engineers are confined space trained and our vehicles carry all necessary Health and Safety equipment to ensure we are suitably equipped for every job.
For more information on our servicing plans, or to arrange a service visit please call 01842 819130
Servicing checks undertaken
The pump(s) will be removed from the pump well and if water is available on site the pump, pipes, valves and ancillary equipment will be washed down before further checks are carried out.
- Check the pump impeller is rotating freely and remove any debris which may be trapped within the pump casing and check for wear.
- Renew mechanical seal chamber oil (if required).
- Clean and examine the electrical power cable to the pump motor.
- Check and record test readings on all electrical equipment.
- Check that any isolating or non-return valves in the installation are free from blockages and are operating correctly.
- Check operation of pump control liquid level switches and examine cables for damage.
- Check the operation of the pump control panel (if fitted) and ensure that all electrical connections are tight and free from corrosion.
- Check operation of high level alarm system (if fitted).
- Re-check the pump(s) and test the systems are running on ‘Manual’ & ‘Auto’ operation.
- Check the running currents of the pump(s), ensuring that they are within the manufacturers recommended limits.
- Ensure that electrical overload switches are at correct settings and the panel is in full working order.
- Leave equipment on ‘Auto’ control and advise site contact of any faults or additional work requirements not covered in the service.
We can arrange tankering for pumping stations located in our local area – Cambridgeshire, Suffolk, Norfolk and Essex, including Cambridge, Newmarket, Peterborough, Bury St. Edmunds, Huntingdon, Thetford and King’s Lynn.
As well as being licensed waste carriers, this locally based family run company offers a fast and friendly service, making sure your sewage is dealt with cleanly and with the minimum of fuss.
Please call us on 01842 819130 for details of our tankering service and pumping station servicing – including all inclusive plans.
Our servicing charges are for labour only and do not include any spares or other materials which may be required to ensure that the system is working correctly. If such spares or other materials are used, they will be charged as an extra to the standard service price.
In order to ensure a safe working environment for our engineers, all pumping stations must be emptied before any servicing can take place, on a normally functioning system this can be done by manually activating the pump(s). If it is necessary to arrange for a pumping chamber to be emptied by a tanker, the additional cost will be charged separately and is not included in our standard servicing and call out fees, any pumping out by tanker must be completed prior to the engineer’s visit.
Our routine servicing does not form any guarantee by Automated Environmental Systems Ltd in respect of equipment failure or breakdown, or any consequential damage, however arising, from such equipment failure or breakdown.